1) Information about the collection of personal data and contact details of the person responsible
1.1 We are pleased that you visit our website and thank you for your interest. Below we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The person responsible for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is United Images Group Ltd., Frank Altmann, Alt-Stralau 9A, 10245 Berlin, Germany, Phone: +49 30 863247-0, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The person responsible for the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or together with others decides on the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the person responsible), this website uses an SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the "https://" in the address bar of your browser and the lock symbol.
2) Data collection when visiting our website
If you use our website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). If you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you accessed the page
- Used browser
- Used operating system
- Used IP address (possibly anonymized)
The processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. Data will not be passed on or otherwise used. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files retrospectively if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
During contact with us (e.g. through a contact form or email), personal data will be collected. The data collected in the case of using a contact form is visible in the respective contact form. These data will be stored and used exclusively for the purpose of answering your request or for contact and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for the processing of this data is our legitimate interest in answering your request in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If your contact aims at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your request. This is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the matter in question has been finally clarified and if there are no legal retention obligations to the contrary.
4) Registration on the portal or forum
You can register on our website by providing personal data. The personal data processed for registration can be found in the input mask used for registration. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for registration, i.e. your registration is only completed if you have previously confirmed your registration by clicking on the link contained in the confirmation email sent to you for this purpose. If your confirmation is not received within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted from our database. Providing the aforementioned data is mandatory. You can voluntarily provide any additional information by using our portal.
When you use our portal, we store your data required for contract fulfillment, including any payment information, until you delete your account. We also store any voluntary data you provide for the duration of your use of the portal, unless you delete it earlier. You can manage and change all of this information in the protected customer area. The legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
In addition, we store all content you publish (such as public posts, bulletin board entries, guestbook entries, etc.) to operate the website. We have a legitimate interest in providing the website with complete user-generated content. The legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. If you delete your account, your public statements, especially in the forum, will still be visible to all readers, but your account will no longer be accessible. All other data will be deleted in this case.
5) Rights of the data subject
5.1 The applicable data protection laws grant you comprehensive data subject rights (rights to information and intervention) with respect to the processing of your personal data, which we inform you about below:
- Right to information according to Art. 15 GDPR: You have the right to request information about your personal data processed by us, the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if not collected by us, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing, as well as your right to be informed of the guarantees provided for in Art. 46 GDPR when your data is transferred to third countries;
- Right to rectification according to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate data concerning you without undue delay and to have incomplete data completed;
- Right to erasure according to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data if the conditions of Art. 17(1) GDPR are met. However, this right shall not apply, in particular, where the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing under Article 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, while the accuracy of your disputed data is being verified, if you reject the deletion of your data due to unlawful processing and instead request the restriction of the processing of your data, if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, after we no longer need these data for the purpose they were collected or if you have lodged an objection on grounds of your particular situation, as long as it has not yet been established whether our legitimate reasons outweigh yours;
- Right to be informed under Article 19 GDPR: If you have asserted your right to correction, deletion or restriction of processing against the controller, the controller is obligated to inform all recipients to whom the data concerning you has been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data portability under Article 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request the transmission to another controller, as far as this is technically feasible;
- Right to withdraw consent under Article 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to withdraw your once given consent to the processing of data at any time with effect for the future. In case of withdrawal, we will delete the affected data immediately, unless further processing cannot be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The legality of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal remains unaffected by the withdrawal;
- Right to lodge a complaint under Article 77 GDPR: If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
5.2 RIGHT OF OBJECTION
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR OVERRIDING LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING ON GROUNDS ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE AFFECTED DATA. HOWEVER, PROCESSING MAY CONTINUE IF WE CAN DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING THAT OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING IS NECESSARY FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT, EXERCISE OR DEFENSE OF LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY US FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR SUCH MARKETING. YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE AFFECTED DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES.
6) Duration of Storage of Personal Data
The duration of storage of personal data is based on the respective legal basis, the processing purpose and - if applicable - additionally on the respective statutory retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods).
When processing personal data on the basis of an explicit consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR, this data will be stored until the person revokes their consent.
If there are statutory retention periods for data that is processed as part of legal or similar obligations on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR, this data will be deleted regularly after the retention period has expired, if it is no longer necessary for the performance of the contract or initiation of the contract and/or we do not have a legitimate interest in further storage.
When processing personal data on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, this data will be stored until the person exercises their right of opposition under Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR, unless we can prove compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the affected person or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
When processing personal data for the purpose of direct marketing on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, this data will be stored until the person exercises their right of opposition under Art. 21 para. 2 GDPR.
Unless otherwise stated in the other information in this statement regarding specific processing situations, stored personal data will otherwise be deleted when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed in any other way.